- Wednesday April 15th, 2015 – JRS to take part in a PEN International roundtable at the European Parliament with Josef Haslinger, Tahmima Anam, Kamila Shamsie, Emine Sevgi Özdamar, discussing “Freedom of Expression in a Time of Crisis” Chaired by Josep Maria Terricabras. Brussels, Belgium
Click on headline to be directed to the PEN International press release:
- Tuesday April 14th, 2015 – JRS will lead a PEN International delegation with Jarkko Tonti, Josef Haslinger, Jo Glanville, Nina George, Emine Sevgi Özdamar, organized by Josep Maria Terricabras to present PEN’s document “Refugee and Asylum Seekers Protection in Europe” declaration to the European Parliament President Martin Schulz. The declaration is signed by more than 1000 writers. Brussels, Belgium.
Click headline to be re-directed to a VIDEO of JRS & Josef Haslinger with European Parliament President, Martin Schulz:
- Monday April 13th- Tuesday April 14th, 2015 – JRS to attend London Book Fair. London, England.
- Wednesday March 18th, 2015 – JRS discusses Omnibus Bills with Nick Rose of VICE Magazine: “Some Kind of Monster: A Brief History of Harper’s Big Fat Omnibus Bills.”
Click headline to be directed to VICE Magazine:
- Wednesday March 11th, 2015 – The Writers’ Trust of Canada to announce winner of Shaughnessy-Cohen prize, a mandate to advance, nurture, and celebrate Canadian writers and writing. The Fairmont Château Laurier. Ottawa.
Clink on the headline to be directed to the Writers Trust press release:
View Archieved News Here
- Wednesday April 1st, 2015 – JRS will be discussing his latest book The Comeback with Interviewer Pam Palmater. Beit Zatoun, Toronto.
Click on the headline to be directed to the IFOA (International Festival of Authors) press release:
- Friday March 27th, 2015 – JRS to moderate a panel discussion with fellow guests Perry Bellegarde, Wab Kinew, Marie Wilson titled: “Canada’s Relationship with Indigenous Peoples: Can the Damage be Repaired?”Ottawa, Canada
Click the headline to be directed to Broadbent Institute press release:
- Saturday March 28th, 2015 – JRS to give a talk on freedom of expression at RAFF (REEL Artists Film Festival) 2015 following screening of Stéphanie Valloatto’s film “Cartoonists: Foot Soldiers of Democracy,” Toronto, Canada
Click on headline to be directed to RAFF press release:
- Monday March 23rd, 2015 – JRS to host “A New Conversation: Indigenous and New Canadian Perspectives on Canada.” Ryerson University, Toronto.
Click on the headline to be directed to the Ryerson University Press release:
- Saturday March 21st, 2015 – JRS to give morning keynote address “Global Awakening: Indigenous Rights in Canada and the World.”Toronto, Canada.
Click on the headline to read The University of Toronto United Nations Society press release:
View Archieved Speaking Engagements Here